Our Mission Statement
The mission of our church is to help people make their entire lives about Jesus Christ by being one, making one, and sending one for the glory of His name and the joy of all peoples.
Our church desires to glorify God in:
- The promotion of Christian fellowship and the edification of the believer through the teaching of the Word of God.
- The salvation of the lost through the preaching of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The worldwide proclamation of God’s grace as expressed in the shed blood and finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ on Calvary.
- The defense of “The Faith Once Delivered” in harmony with God’s Holy Word, The Bible until He comes.
As a church family, we together hold to the following beliefs:
- We believe in the equality and distinct personality of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in the unity of the Godhead.
- We believe that all the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, that they were given by divine inspiration, and that this system of divine revelation comprehends everything necessary for us to know concerning God and the direction of our obedience to Him. By this Divine Book, God has given the revelation of His gracious design of saving sinners and pointing out the way through the mediation of the Lord Jesus. By the instrumentality of this Sacred Word, when used by the Holy Spirit, stubborn and obstinate sinners are brought into the obedience of the faith and the unrepentant are left without excuse; and by this Word of the Lord, all men shall be judged at the last day.
- We believe that the fall of mankind in Adam led to all men’s guilt and condemnation, together with their entire and universal depravity, by which they were utterly alienated from God and are unable in and of themselves to turn to Him.
- We believe that God, from the beginning or in eternity, chose His people in Christ unto salvation, through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ; all of which are set forth and affected through the Gospel.
- We believe in the special and complete redemption of all the family of God through the blood of Christ by virtue of His vicarious suffering and sacrificial death.
- We believe that regeneration and sanctification are by direct agency of the Holy Spirit through the instrumentality of divine truth and evidenced by the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the justification of the ungodly is by grace, through the imputed righteousness of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is unto all and upon all them that believe.
- We believe in the absolute necessity of a holy life in conformity to the life of Christ as the result of faith and the evidence of regeneration.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead and the judgment of all mankind, the wicked driven away in their wickedness into everlasting punishment but the righteous received into life eternal.
- We believe that the commission of our Lord Jesus Christ given to His disciples makes it imperative on their part to preach the Gospel in all the world, to every creature, until the Lord shall come again from heaven to raise His sleeping dead, to change his living and waiting saints and translate them to glory. Furthermore, the revealed will of Christ makes it the indispensable duty of the churches to support the labors of their ministry with their prayers, active cooperation and material contributions.
- We believe that Christian baptism is an ordinance of Jesus Christ and consists in the immersion of a believer in water, in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Lord’s Supper is an ordinance of Jesus Christ and is to be observed within the church; and to take part therein, none are entitled except baptized believers.
- We believe that the officers of the church are elders, or bishops, and deacons, members of the body, who have been ordained by examination and imposition of the hands of a presbytery, under the authority of the church.
- We believe that a gospel church is the highest earthly ecclesiastical tribunal in no wise subject to any other church or the decrees of associations of councils but dependent for its acts on the Word and Spirit of God alone. The order of its government is congregational, wherein all its members have an equal voice and authority.
- We believe in the sanctity of the first day of the week and that it should be observed by abstaining from secular employment and occupied in the public and private worship of God and in works of necessity and mercy.
- We believe that the healing and tongues movement of today, sometimes identified as “The Charismatic Movement”, is unscriptural and contrary to sound doctrine and that those who believe and practice these teachings are in error. We believe that what is practiced today is not what was practiced in the early New Testament church. We further believe that the gifts of tongues and healings were given to the early church until the completion of the writing of the New Testament, after which time, these gifts ceased. We most certainly do believe in a healing, miracle-working God, who instructs us to pray in faith concerning our physical healing and to be filled with His Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between one man and one woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bi-sexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex. We believe that God disapproves of and forbids any attempt to alter one’s gender by surgery or appearance. (Gen. 2:24; Gen. 19:5, 13; Gen. 26:9-10; Lev. 18:1-30; Rom. 1:26-29; I Cor. 5:1; 6:9; I Thess. 4:1-8; Heb. 13:4)